[Twisted-Python] State of snmp

Landreville landreville at deadtreepages.com
Wed Sep 22 12:42:12 EDT 2010

Hello,

What is the current recommended (or most popular) way of using SNMP
with Twisted?

I have tried TwistedSNMP, but it seems to only work with an old
version of pysnmp that I can't find -- the TwistedSNMP website says
pysnmp version 3.x, but pysnmp's website says the latest version is
2.x.  I saw that there is a package in Ubuntu called python-pynetsnmp
which contains bindings for netsnmp and somehow integrates it into
twisted, but I cannot find this outside of Ubuntu's packages (I don't
use Ubuntu) . The pynetsnmp website on sourceforge has no files to
download, so I don't think that is source for the package.

Thanks,
Landreville