[Twisted-Python] kqueue reactor

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Sep 16 18:20:31 EDT 2010

On Sep 14, 2010, at 1:48 PM, ruslan usifov wrote:

> Which kqueue reactor in twisted is best?
>
> Twisted have kqreactor  - but it need PyKQueue patched version, and PyKQueue doesn't supported
> Also i found https://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/branches/users/glyph/use-system-twisted/kqreactor.py, but doesn't known is it possible use in production?

You should really follow this ticket: <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1918>.  We'd like there to be an included, working kqueue reactor, and we're working towards it.

As of right now, it depends what you're doing.

Calendar Server uses its version quite successfully in production.  But Calendar Server does not make use of all the features of Twisted; in particular, it doesn't need PTYs to work, and kqueue has some issues with those.

In any event, if you want to use that module, you should be getting it from a release (see <https://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/tags/release>) or from trunk (<https://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/trunk/twext/internet/kqreactor.py>), not from the branch you mentioned (which is stale, and I have now removed).