[Twisted-Python] Selectable SerialPort Windows/Linux

Markus Hubig mhubig at imko.de
Tue Sep 14 10:00:18 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:46 PM, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand this.  What is a "Master-Slave" protocol?  Why
> would someone not benefit from a Twisted-based implementation of such a
> protocol?

OK I'm not sure either ;-) this is why I ask. But in my case I have the
following
situation: behind my serial port I have a bus system made of me (the master)
and some slaves. The slaves are absolute passive until I send them a
command.
After I've send a command to one of my slaves the salve ALWAY reply by
sending
a packet.

So what's the benefit if I have a "deamon thread" waiting the hole time to
get
something from the serial line if the only time it can get something is
immediately
after the master has send a packet? The communication
is totally synchronous.

- Markus

IMKO Micromodultechnik GmbH
Markus Hubig