[Twisted-Python] Twisted and SOAP

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 1 17:47:08 EDT 2010

On Sep 1, 2010, at 1:16 AM, Einar S. Idsø wrote:

> Well, at least I've found that the interest in SOAP in the Twisted
> community is not very great ;) And understandably so. Unfortunately,
> however, sometimes Twisted apps do need to talk to alternative
> protocols, so it is a pity there's no recommended way of doing this.

If you want there to be a "recommended way", you can be the one to make the recommendation.  The lack of interest in SOAP in the Twisted community is a self-fulfilling prophecy: since there isn't much SOAP support, we don't have a lot of SOAP people come around, and since we don't have very many SOAP people, we don't have much in the way of SOAP support.

If you would like to change this, please feel free to either contribute patches to Twisted web's SOAP support, or to start a txsoap (or txwsstar, or whatever makes sense in your context).  We'd love to have someone active in maintaining these sorts of protocols, since Twisted is really only as good as the protocol implementations that you need it to talk to.