[Twisted-Python] XDCC SEND from IRCClient

velociraptor Genjix aphidia at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 20:00:13 EDT 2010

Hey,
Inside an twisted.words.protocol.irc.IRCClient class I want to download via XDCC and then have a callback after that's finished. Sadly the documentation is lacking and I'm not sure what is what.
If I override IRCClient.dccDoSend(self, user, address, port, filename, size, data) then it enters when I initiate an XDCC SEND request. But how do I start the download?
1- How can I start downloading the file?2- Can I receive an array of the bytes instead of saving a file?3- How can I be notified when the download is complete?
Thanks