[Twisted-Python] Don't Thread On Me t-shirt proposal

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Oct 20 17:37:25 EDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Laurens Van Houtven wrote:

> Hi!
> People following the IRC channel have probably heard about the t-shirt I'm trying to get printed. The idea isn't mine (it belongs to Mike Graham, aka papna), but he told me it's okay if I try to make a shirt out of it. Here's a proposal shirt: it's not *really* the idea that you buy this yet (but you're free to, of course) -- mostly so other people can see how it looks on a shirt.
> The shirt is intended as a parody of the Gadsen flag (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag). Hence the bright yellow color and lack of apostrophe in "dont".
> Feedback is welcome: do you think the layout or relative sizes should be changed? Is the apostrophe being missing okay? Is the font OK? It's currently Cardo, because Cardo is pretty and it's a serif font from the correct period. papna has raised the concern that the fine lines may not screenprint well, and I should use a more humanist typeface. People with Zazzle experience welcome to chime in there.

I'm a fan of Linux Libertine, personally (<http://www.linuxlibertine.org/index.php?id=1&L=1>), but I don't have much screen-printing experience.

I think there should be something on the back though.  At the very least,

Building the Engine of Your Internet

(Now I'm thinking that, for PyCon, we could have an alternate version of the shirt, done up like a concert tour shirt, except instead of listing locales we could list all of the tickets closed as 'fixed' in 2010, for anyone who worked on a ticket this year.  I don't know if there are too many to fit on the back of a shirt though!)