[Twisted-Python] Announcing Twisted 10.2.0pre3!

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Nov 25 08:33:39 EST 2010

On 24 Nov, 10:57 pm, eric.faurot at gmail.com wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz
><glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>Hi Eric,
>>
>>Thanks for participating in the release process!  It's very
>>  satisfying to actually get some feedback in response to a prerelease
>>  ;).
>>
>>If OpenBSD were a supported platform, a bug like this would cause
>>the release process to stop until it could be addressed; as it is,
>>we will try to merge a bugfix into the release branch if it is
>>available and reviewed in time (before next Monday).  Being a
>>supported platform means that there's a buildbot, and that it shows
>>up on this page:
>><http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/boxes-supported>.  Of course, if
>>OpenBSD were a supported platform, this bug never would have been
>>introduced in the first place, because we would have noticed failing
>>tests immediately!
>>
>>Does anyone feel like contributing an OpenBSD buildslave, and
>>hopefully also some more expertise for fixing bugs on that platform?
>>Or, for that matter, any other *BSDs?
>
>Sure. I have a couple of test machines for OpenBSD (amd64 and sparc64)
>that are mostly idling, and that could be used for that. I just need
>to know the procedure for setting up a buildbot, and I'll see what I
>can do.  That would surely help me with the port maintainance.

That'd be great.  The machines need to be online basically 100% of the
time, and be able to make an outgoing TCP connection.  Other than that,
they'll stay idle except when someone commits to trunk or wants to try
out a branch before merging.  You can find more detailed instructions on
the wiki:

  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContinuousIntegration

Jean-Paul