[Twisted-Python] Reminder: Twisted 10.1 scheduled for early June

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 30 17:28:05 EDT 2010

On May 26, 2010, at 4:19 AM, Jonathan Lange wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I and my lovely assistant Glyph intend to cut a release of Twisted
> 10.1 on the 5th and 6th of June. That's in eleven days.

Yes.

Please mark the date, everyone: your fate is sealed.  Only 5 days remain.

> If you would like to help us do that, please fix one of:

While everyone should be fixated on fixing tickets in Twisted as often as possible, all the time, I do want to clarify that these bugs might not be the release-blockers they appear to be...

> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3998

While this is a regression, it *was* present in 10.0 and therefore won't be a regression from 10.0->10.1.  I think we should fix it, but if necessary, we should do both a 10.0.1 and a 10.1.1 maintenance release to fix it.

> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4345

This is currently open to track the work of creating a 10.0.1 maintenance release: the bug is already fixed in trunk, which will become 10.1.  Are we planning to do 10.0.1 concurrently with 10.1?  I was assuming that would be done later; if it was concurrent with anything, I was assuming it would be concurrent with 10.1.1.

> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4320

While this is "just" a documentation ticket, I would actually prefer that anyone with free time turn their gaze here first.  Deferred cancellation is a big deal and needs to be documented properly.  I'm personally more likely to argue for delaying (albeit not blocking) the release for this than anything else.

Yes, please.  I also plan to put <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1442> back into review either today or tomorrow, and I would very much appreciate a fearless reviewer to attack that once it's done.  The queue is starting to get pretty deep; and there are features which may be *already done*, even sexy new features like "HTML5" WebSocket protocol support, but won't get into Twisted 10.1 because they're stuck in the review queue.  Do you want that to be *your* fault?  Of course not!  So review some tickets this week!