[Twisted-Python] major changes, release engineering, and learning cost

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Thu May 27 20:34:56 EDT 2010

When you say merge, do you mean into trunk, or also the submerges into
my own feature/review branch? The big problem I can think of is that
interfaces are something you should probably have a rough idea about
way before any code gets written, but under this system branches get
reviewed per feature set, so it takes a very long time before anyone
(at least the reviewer, in the worst case also the developer) gets a
half-decent view of how the entire thing is going to look when it's
finished.

I'm not saying interfaces should be set in stone, of course. I just
think you should have some basic design that people agree on before
you start writing tests, let alone implementation code. (I think this
is where blueprints fit in).

Laurens