[Twisted-Python] major changes, release engineering, and learning cost

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Wed May 26 05:41:17 EDT 2010

I've said something in #twisted but I hadn't read this reply yet, so for
sake of saving this for posterity, I agree with jml here. I think we're
mostly being bitten because of a lack of software tools, in the form of svn
and trac. Disclaimer: I really dislike svn since I never figured out how
Combinator works. I really dislike trac.

So, for the rest of this e-mail, let's pretend we're implementing a big new
feature since that's the thing I tried to do to some extent.

Major stuff could be a blueprint on Launchpad. Blueprints match a branch for
the "big feature". So, we have the Twisted blueprint
quantum-transmogrification and a branch
lp:~lvh/twisted/quantum-transmogrification.