[Twisted-Python] Nothing Succeeds Like Success (Stories)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Mar 22 22:39:08 EDT 2010

Hello successful Twisted users,

Several times over the last month I've been contacted by Twisted supporters who are looking to make the case to others within their organizations that Twisted is a worthwhile thing to sponsor.  The most common question has been: "what are other people using this for?".  Inevitably they'll end up at <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/SuccessStories> - if we're lucky, they'll also see <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ProjectsUsingTwisted>, but that's only a slight improvement.  These pages are pretty anemic and frankly don't present a good impression of what is really possible with Twisted.  I note that several prominent users aren't represented at all.  You know who you are!

If you're a happy Twisted user who has used Twisted to do something cool, *please* send in a blurb for the success stories page!  This could translate into more money and more development for Twisted, thus making it even more awesome.  This goes double if you're a sponsor: please let us know why you sponsored and how happy you were that you did :).

If you're looking to volunteer some time for Twisted, but don't have much time to volunteer, becoming to be the official curator of these pages would be a small commitment but it would be quite helpful.  As I said, presenting a good public face for Twisted's maturity and broad applicability can translate directly into increased resources, so in the long term it would have a big impact.

Finally, if you're _not_ happy, it's always great to get some constructive criticism.  Best would be in the form of well-specified bugs filed at <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/newticket>, of course ;).

Thanks,

-glyph