[Twisted-Python] http://twistedmatrix.com/ trac installation updated

Timothy Allen screwtape at froup.com
Tue Mar 16 18:43:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:48:17 -0400
Mikhail Terekhov <termim at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Tim Allen <screwtape at froup.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 09:30:05AM -0500, Mikhail Terekhov wrote:
> >> In addition to that the menu is overlapped in FF but this was the
> >> same way before
> >> update. BTW in IE6 menu is OK.
> >
> > Which menu is that?
> >
> The Wiki/Timeline/... and Login/Preferences/..., see attached screen
> shot.

Ah, I see. That menu looks fine on my machine (using Firefox 3.7a3 on
Linux), but I can get something sort of similar if I boost the
Firefox's 'minimum font size' option to 12 or 13 instead of my usual 10.

It turns out that the "banner" section (from the green gradient to the
top, down to "Login/Preferences/...") is sized at exactly 135px high,
which makes some grave assumptions about the sizes of the fonts
involved. If I delete that fixed height, then the two rows of menus no
longer overlap.

The lower menu (Wiki/Timeline/...) still looks a bit odd, because its
gradient background is an image exactly 22px tall, so if the text is
higher than that you get a dark margin appearing below. Not much to be
done about, that, really - except perhaps changing the background
colour so it matches the final colour in the gradient, which makes the
problem less obvious rather than actually fixing it.