[Twisted-Python] My twisted application could not start after reboot be cause of "twistd.pid"

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 06:32:23 EDT 2010

Someone turn off the server by cutting power of the server.
When the machine is power on, I found my twisted application could not start
and emit the following error.

Another twistd server is running, PID 3398

This could either be a previously started instance of your application or a
different application entirely. To start a new one, either run it in some
directory, or use the --pidfile and --logfile parameters to avoid clashes.

After I deleted twistd.pid, it could start normally.

I checked if there is process with PID 3398, but there wasn't.

What might cause this problem?  How to avoid it?

look to the things around you,the immediate world around you, if you are
alive,it will mean something to you ——Paul Strand