[Twisted-Python] sniffing multicast traffic

Ben Barker ben at bbarker.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 09:43:57 EST 2010

Ah - I have now sorted the interface problem.

I run the code I listed earlier, but it sites at the command line
saying "listening" without every dumping anything to screen.

/sbin/ip maddr now shows:

	link  01:00:5e:00:00:04
	link  33:33:ff:7a:7e:4e
	link  01:00:5e:00:00:fb
	link  01:00:5e:00:00:01
	link  33:33:00:00:00:01
	inet6 ff02::1:ff7a:7e4e
	inet6 ff02::1

And this is the same intterface on which I would expect to see the
multicast udp packets.