[Twisted-Python] 10.0.0 post-release actions

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Sat Mar 6 13:33:37 EST 2010

Hello all,

10.0.0 is well-and-truly released. Jean-Paul has just updated the
website documentation and I've made notes on what he did and stored it
at http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReleaseProcess.

My plan now is this:
  * Roll out a 10.0.1 release
  * Give ReleaseProcess a lot of love, turning it into a readable,
useful document rather than a bunch of raw data
  * Make sure tickets are filed on all of the hard bits of the process
  * Schedule a 10.1 release
  * Fix the tickets that made the process hard
  * Do the 10.1 release
  * Find someone willing to be release manager for 10.2 and 10.3

Regarding the 10.0.1 release. The milestone[1] has two open tickets,
one of which has a patch sans tests, and the other is mostly minor
defects. I will try to roll out a 10.0.1 release soon that fixes both
of these issues.

There is also an open ticket which *might* be a regression:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4351.

What you can do to help:
  * Investigate #4351 and decide whether or not it's a regression
  * Land a patch for http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4210
  * Fix tickets on the regular-releases milestone[2]

cheers,
jml

[1] http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=Twisted-10.0&order=priority
[2] http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=regular-releases&order=priority