[Twisted-Python] Twisted 9.0.0?

Mark van Lent m.van.lent at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Mar 4 05:45:41 EST 2010

Hi everyone!

I am a bit puzzled about the way new version of Twisted is released. Or better: the way the old version seems to be taken out of service.

Last weeks I've been developing agains version Twisted 9.0.0. Yesterday I wanted to deploy my code to my production server, but to my surprise I could not easy_install that version anymore:

$ easy_install Twisted==9.0.0
Searching for Twisted==9.0.0
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/Twisted/
Reading http://www.twistedmatrix.com
Reading http://twistedmatrix.com/products/download
Reading http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/
Reading http://twistedmatrix.com/
No local packages or download links found for Twisted==9.0.0
Best match: None

(Okay, actually I'm using buildout to setup my environment, but the above demonstrates my problem more clearly.)

I'm sure the new version of Twisted is better and improved but I still wonder why version 9.0.0 has effectively been decommissioned. Or am I missing something and is it still possible to easy_install version 9.0.0?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark van Lent