[Twisted-Python] Reverse HTTP proxy code review

Fred C fred at bsdhost.net
Tue Mar 2 16:00:07 EST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 12:45 PM, Kevin Horn wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Fred C <fred at bsdhost.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am totally new with Twisted and this the first code I have ever written using that package. One of my main problem was to figure out how to fit things together and I am not even sure I understand everything I am doing here.
>
> Anyway, for a project I have to write a proxy that figure out where is located a resource by requesting a database. then figure out if the resource is accessible and them open a proxy connection to download that resource.
>
> I was wandering if there is someone in that mailing list who can review that code and tell me how I can improve things. I know I am not accessing the database the right way but I can't figure out how to work with the Callbacks.
>
> Any help or advice will be very much appreciated. The code is available here: http://pastebin.com/BGcqzh4Y
>
> -fred-
>

> I don't really use Twisted for web work, so I don't have much of a comment on that, but for database access you probably want to use `twisted.enterprise.adbapi`.

That was of the thing I know it's wrong with my code. I have to use adbapi and have a call back to get the result from the database. My main problem in that case is I don't know how to have the caller wait for the response from the database.

Thanks for taking time to look at that code and for your reply.

-fred-
http://kiq.me/oi