[Twisted-Python] qt4 reactor status

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Wed Jun 30 02:31:53 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 23:04 -0700, Glenn Tarbox, PhD wrote:

>         Any of the code that was developed while the reactor was in
>         Twisted
>         itself is MIT licensed.  Perhaps that means you only need to
>         track down
>         people who contributed after the code was moved out of
>         Twisted?
>

> I believe thats just me.  There were a couple of bugs / upgrades /
> suggestions which I incorporated... and are annotated in the git repo
> on github with names and email (IIRC).
>

> So, maybe I just need to change the headers to make it MIT instead of
> GPL v2 and its all cool.

    Actually, I think you're right.

    From the header of the main file in the launchpad trunk:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ghtdak/qt4reactor/trunk/annotate/head:/qt4reactor.py

# Copyright (c) 2001-2008 Twisted Matrix Lboratories.
# See LICENSE for details.

    If Twisted Matrix has the Copyright, the license doesn't matter,
they can dual-license under any second license they want. Any changes,
unless individual Copyright was claimed by the contributor, would fall
under the original Copyright.

    And considering you're the official maintainer, you should have the
ability to do that, even if it hadn't been your code in the first place
(c:

    At least I'm pretty sure that how it all works, I am not a lawyer
and so forth.

    That should safely handle the licensing around the qt4reactor code,
now I suppose its back to the small matter of making sure it works with
the latest Qt4 and PySide codebase (c:

Steve Castellotti
Puzzlebox Limited