[Twisted-Python] Reassigned tickets

Ying Li cy.li at xemaps.com
Sat Jun 19 21:05:41 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I notice that several tickets have been reassigned to me in the last
few days, without comment or explanation.  While confused for a bit at
first, I eventually figured that since I've been trying to resolve
some of the easier deprecation tickets, someone has probably decided
to assign some other deprecation tickets to me.

However, I have also gotten a couple of tickets I do not know what to
do with - for instance, http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4162,
which has a different author and is awaiting a response to review
feedback.

I also do not know what to do with a ticket such as like
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2661.   It has a simple summary
and description, but also a comment about the nuances of method naming
and possibly API consistency, which I as a new contributor I feel that
I lack the experience and authority to weigh in on.

I do not mind having tickets assigned to me, but an explanation or
simple comment would have been nice, especially if the ticket already
has an author.

I'd also like to have some consensus or documentation about what to do
with tickets (assigned to me or no) with comments I do not know how to
interpret - should I be implementing the change as described in the
comment, if I do not recognize the commenter as a core developer?
What if there are several comments with disagreements as to how best
to resolve the issue?

Perhaps these tickets should be put into a separate queue or have a
keyword assigned to them to signal their limbo state?

Thanks!
-Ying