[Twisted-Python] Announcing TwistedSim: A simulator for your Twisted application

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jun 19 20:41:26 EDT 2010

On Jun 19, 2010, at 4:07 AM, Hatem Oraby wrote:

> Thank you for advice and suggestion Gylph, The point is that twistedSim in not restricted only to Twisted Framework (I.e. It can run with any event-based network application), Its true that TwistedSim give a special attention to Twisted (and thats where the current name came from), however renaming it to start with tx would be unfair as this will mean that it simulates only Twisted Framework.

That sounds good to me.  I believe I saw some chatter about this in the #twisted channel on Freenode.  While I think some of the implementation decisions are ... somewhat questionable, I think it's valuable to have a network simulator for applications that don't use the Twisted APIs too :).

> I respect your intentions about adapting to standards and not to confuse users, I will change in hopefully in the next major update the name to something other than TwistedSim but it will probably something new that doesn't restrict it as a Twisted extension (i.e. won't start with tx).

Your consideration is much appreciated.  I look forward to hearing the new name.