[Twisted-Python] Job Opening - TweetDeck Backend Engineer - London, UK

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 05:49:38 EDT 2010

TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com) is hiring for a backend software
engineer position in London, UK. We'd also be willing to consider
applicants located in New York, NY, USA, to work out of our New York
office at Betaworks (http://www.betaworks.com).

At TweetDeck we're trying to build the best tools and services to
manage real-time information streams from Twitter, Facebook,
Foursquare, and other sites. We're looking for a backend-oriented
Software Engineer who isn't afraid of investigated new technologies
and building services consumed by our clients and website at scale.
You'll also be working in a team to manage existing systems deployed
over the cloud.

You'll be:
 - Maintaining and improving existing REST API and backend services
 - Implementing core backend systems using the latest and greatest technologies
 - Working with the rest of the team to develop next generation
TweetDeck functionality
 - Working with client teams on feature rollouts

Requirements:
 - Strong Computer Science knowledge and interest in distributed systems
 - At least one previous project with a web MVC system like Django or Rails
 - Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) and some sysadmin skills (or a
strong desire to pick them up)
 - Flexibility and the desire to work with a small team of dedicated
coders in a startup environment

Pluses:
 - Python mastery
 - Knowledge of an asynchronous network framework like Twisted
 - Open source contributions, and a place to find them - e.g. a GitHub
or Bitbucket profile
 - Experience in deploying over cloud providers like AWS (EC2, SimpleDB, etc.)
 - Knowledge of distributed version control - preferably Git or Mercurial
 - Experience with Javascript & HTML/CSS to write great web apps and
internal tools
 - Knowledge of relational databases and SQL (we use those too!)
 - Some knowledge of NoSQL stores like Redis, Neo4j, MongoDB or Cassandra
 - Deep understanding of social networking services and trends

What Twisted is used for: All our backend systems are written in Python -
we use Twisted for our REST API services consumed by our desktop and mobile
clients, and Django for our web site.

Send your CV to Reza Lotun (jobs at tweetdeck.com) with the subject
"Backend Engineer".

Web: http://www.tweetdeck.com/jobs