[Twisted-Python] Integrating Twisted with ZeroMQ

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Sun Jun 6 19:19:20 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Christopher Armstrong
<radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Laurens Van Houtven <lvh at laurensvh.be> wrote:
> We don't want to have any more transport-specific methods on the
> reactor, and this has nothing to do with ZMQ. We also don't want to
> have connectSOCKS, or listenSerialPort. Fortunately, the endpoints
> API[1] was very recently merged to Twisted trunk, so any new
> transport-specific connectors/listeners can be implemented in terms of
> its interfaces. listenTCP and so forth should eventually be deprecated
> in preference to the endpoints APIs.
>
> 1: Source: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/internet/endpoints.py
>    ticket: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1442
> --
> Christopher Armstrong
> http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/
> http://planet-if.com/

Yep, that's the thing I was remembering. It just wasn't quite so close
to production use back then. So, I take it that just means
ZMQ4ServerEndpoint and ZMQ4ClientEndpoint instead of
listenZMQ/connectZMQ? Most of the argument (specifically that, to
Twisted, ZeroMQ should not be a thing on top of TCP but instead be its
own thing).

lvh