[Twisted-Python] Knowing whether spawnProcess did anything useful

Dominic van Berkel dominic at baudvine.net
Wed Jul 14 08:02:57 EDT 2010

On 14-7-2010 4:34, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> Without the reactor running, neither the pid nor the status will ever be
> updated.  The event loop is needed in order to respond to the event of
> the child process exiting.

Knew I was forgetting something - starting the reactor would probably be
a fine idea, yeah.  The code I've got on file does all the subclassing
and even starts the reactor, I just blindly forgot to start the reactor
on the REPL.  That's what I get for copying the base of my code from an

Dominic van Berkel
"You don't have conversations with microprocessors. You tell them what
to do, then helplessly watch the disaster when they take you literally."
- David Brin, Startide Rising