[Twisted-Python] 10.1 release follow-up

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Tue Jul 6 00:07:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 5:08 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> I would *like* to accelerate the schedule for this release if we can get
> certain important features in which missed the last release (documentation
> for endpoints, documentation for cancellation, endpoint string parsing,
> endpoint plugins, and some SSL issues that Jean-Paul and I discovered while
> working on these).  It would be nice to establish the precedent that
> important features cause releases to happen *faster*, rather than causing
> them to be delayed.

The best solution for "this cool stuff should really be in the
release!" is "don't worry, there's another release just around the
corner". If you know the release after this one will happen reasonably
soon, there's not as much stress to cram everything you can into this
one. Of course, achieving that requires streamlining the release
process so that it's pleasantly easy to perform frequently, instead of
painfully unpleasant; but I guess jml already described what is
necessary to make that happen.