[Twisted-Python] 10.1 release follow-up

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Sun Jul 4 12:13:21 EDT 2010

Hello everybody,

As you've seen, the Twisted 10.1.0 release is out there.

I've started this thread for any discussions about the way the release
was done and for the next release.

Glyph Lefkowitz has kindly offered to be the RM for the 10.2 release,
which is scheduled for September 15, 2010.

Note that the Ubuntu feature freeze is August 12th, so we can expect
10.1 to be the release that goes into Ubuntu 10.10.

There were four open tickets on the 10.1 milestone. I have moved them
off the milestone and closed them. When they are fixed, I'll be happy
to consider re-opening the milestone and rolling out a 10.1.1.

As part of this release, there have been many improvements to the
release process document, see
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReleaseProcess. I would greatly
appreciate it if the document could be reviewed for clarity and
correctness.

The biggest blockers to a swift release, from my perspective, were the
following:
  * myself having work travel and then vacation around the scheduled
time of the release
  * delaying to wait for feedback on the release candidate
  * waiting for the review for the release ticket
  * waiting for someone else to solve the buildbot issues for Windows

I've filed a ticket for moving the release document into version
control, http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4543. I'm happy to do
so, but I'd like at least a rubber-stamp from someone before I do the
work.

jml