[Twisted-Python] understanding deferreds

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Thu Jan 28 17:28:38 EST 2010

Hello,

I've been reading up on this

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/defer.html

I'm a bit confused as to the "visual explanation". It seems like if you have a
single callback and errback, that if the errback wants to swallow the error,
the callback will not be called at all, since deferred processing will look
for the second callback at that point by the diagram.

So, right now I'm calling my own callback from the errback if I want to
swallow the error. Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Mike
--Albert Einstein