[Twisted-Python] How to diagnose slowness

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Tue Jan 26 04:52:09 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I have noticed slowness sometimes in between two twisted apps. It
doesn't happen often,
and I'm not sure where it comes from. It may either be when the msg is
sent, that it really
isn't sent until after a delay (why?), or when the other service
receives it, it takes time to
process the msg. The second idea may be easier to find, I haven't been
able to though. If
I send the same msg, sometimes it's slowed down, and sometimes not. From
what I see
both of my suggestions may be happening. These msgs are XMPP based and
I'm using
Twisted 8.1.0. Does anyone have any tips on diagnosing this problem?

Thank you,
Gabriel