[Twisted-Python] python-purity

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Sun Jan 24 21:40:16 MST 2010

Hello eveyone,
I think it is nice to mention this announce here, since Purity heavily
uses Twisted. (as well all my other Python projects, such as Toonloop,
and others)

Purity is a Python library for Pure Data dynamic patching. The idea is
to be able to harness the power of Pure Data for audio programming
without having to use its graphical interface, and without the need to
create external objects in C. Python's clear and intuitive syntax can
be used with profit in order to create intricate patches with advanced
string handling, graphical user interfaces and asynchronous network
operations. Purity uses Twisted, an event-driven Python framework.

Pure Data is a real-time graphical programming environment mainly for
audio processing. See http://puredata.info/ to learn more about Pure
Data.

It seems like there are people interested in using Purity, so I have
created a mailing list to discuss its further developments. I am ready
to put some time and efforts in Purity, and even to explain basic of
the Twisted library, if there are people who help me to make design
decisions and to test it. You can find out how to subscribe to the
mailing list by visiting the official wiki portal of Purity at
http://wiki.dataflow.ws/Purity

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net/