[Twisted-Python] LDAP server based on python

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Thu Jan 21 12:08:47 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm refering to an older post of Xavier Dutoit on this list (in early
2008), in which he asked about the state of the ldap-server (ldaptor)
plug-in for Twisted.

What he needed this for was virtually the same as the way we intend to
use it: Our users shall be able to integrate all contacts of their
collaboration account in Outlook, Thunderbird, Evolution etc. by LDAP.

For easy configuration and security purposes we want to provide a short
LDAP tree which returns all the contacts of the user, so he can use his
contacts everywhere, not just in the web application of the groupware.

The backend is not 100% clear yet, it may be a SQL call to a database,
it may be a special search within a less secured master LDAP address
book, it may be a REST call returning JSON data or whatever.

Since we are doing most of our current work in python, we don't want to
manually extend OpenLDAP's sql backend, but rather help ldaptor's ldap
server to reach the production level (in case it hasn't done so already).

Does someone know about the current state of the ldaptor's ldap server
plug-in?

Kind regards
Marten