[Twisted-Python] SIP and RTP

Godson Gera godson.g at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:10:25 EST 2010

There is no direct RTP support in Twisted. Shtoom did that but its dead long
back. I've seen people using the same RTP code implemented by shtoom here
and there. Also SIP implementation in Twisted is not 100%. There is one more
project called Sine made by divmod which uses Twsited and it has implemented
more SIP protocol features.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Landreville <landreville at deadtreepages.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
> I need to make a SIP call and play a wav file  over the RTP stream
> from a twisted server. This is a sort of visual voicemail application.
>
> Has anyone set this up using twisted before?
> I saw the SIP protocol support in twisted, but I'm not sure how
> complete it is.  Do you think it would be difficult to make this
> solution a reality?
>
> I heard of the Shtoom project which did this using Twisted, but it
> appears dead I can't find the source code for it.

Thanks & Regards,
Godson Gera
Asterisk FreeSWITCH Consultant India <http://godson.in>