[Twisted-Python] reactor start/stop frustrations in tests

Brad Milne brad.milne at devx.runthered.com
Wed Jan 20 22:36:20 EST 2010

Hi all

I know this has been discussed numerous times, but I need some extra help. I
have used nose.twistedtools' @deferred decorator to run the reactor within a
test method to date. Now I am writing some performance tests for our
application and need better control over the reactor.

nose has threaded_reactor() and reactor_stop() to control things, but
regardless, it still doesn't seem to shut down. I need to shut down the
reactor between tests so that requests are dropped (ie get a real
representation of completed tasks within test time). Would you recommend
trial instead?

Many thanks
Brad