[Twisted-Python] deferring result to PB a callRemote method

Chris Laws clawsicus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:58:44 EST 2010

> >* >    Google is my friend but I could not find examples of this usage.
Is
*> >* there
*> >* >    any references to this usage in the twisted docs?
*> >*
*> >*
*> >* Huh, surprisingly not in the primary PB docs.  The Twisted “finger”
*> >* tutorial
*> >* does do this, though, if you read it carefully enough.  See
finger21.tac in
*> >* <
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/tutorial/pb.html>;
*> >* the
*> >* remote_* methods of PerspectiveFingerFromService delegate to
self.service,
*> >* which
*> >* is FingerService, which returns Deferreds from its getUser and
getUsers
*> >* methods.
*> >*
*> >*
*> >*
*> It sems like this should be discussed in the PB docs.  Maybe someone
should
> file a ticket..
>
> (hint, hint)

Done, #4228.

Thanks for the informative response to my question.

Regards,
Chris