[Twisted-Python] Assistance with using Twisted with "pyinstaller"

Ken MacDonald drken567 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:48:26 EST 2010

Hi, we're trying to using pyinstaller to create single-directory
distributions of our Twisted/python server on Linux. Wondering if anyone has
accomplished this? I googled and checked the archives, but there seems to be
no concrete information available.

I'm real new to pyinstaller and not really familiar with twisted internals,
so not sure where to start with this, particularly whether to package
our_server.tac, or the twistd script, or the our_server.py as the starting
point to bundle all of this stuff together. If anyone's done this
successfully, or failed miserably, would be interested in getting details.
Thanks,
Ken