[Twisted-Python] Problem fetching page with getPage

Terry Jones terry at jon.es
Sat Jan 2 16:44:41 EST 2010

>>>>> "Glyph" == Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> writes:

Glyph> I'm glad that you tracked this down!

Me too.

Glyph> According to comments on <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/886>,
Glyph> this problem was addressed in the new HTTP client implementation.
Glyph> Have you considered using the new twisted.web.client.Agent instead
Glyph> of getPage?

I hadn't looked at it, but now have. The _computeHostValue method looks
very promising :-)  We've yet to switch to 9.0.0.

So httplib (apparently) changed to drop the :port part of the Host header
in Python 2.6, and now the Twisted client has added it. I think you guys
are right, so I wonder why httplib dropped it.

Terry