[Twisted-Python] Problem fetching page with getPage

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jan 2 15:58:10 EST 2010

On Jan 2, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Terry Jones wrote:

> In any case, it looks like the problem is not in the setup of the request.
> Can anyone offer a reason why httplib might be able to fetch the page
> whereas getPage receives an error?  I'm stumped.

Well, I know this isn't terribly helpful, but "a bug in getPage" is really the only thing that comes to mind.  Or, some legal-but-unusual behavior in getPage which triggers a bug on the EC2 side of things.

The only thing I can suggest is to start wireshark, do a byte-for-byte comparison of the requests that getPage and httplib emit, and see if you can find any of the differences which might be significant.  I would look carefully at any place in the request or response where data is being quoted or unquoted.  Based on the other stuff you've said, nothing jumps out at me.