[Twisted-Python] Problem fetching page with getPage

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Sat Jan 2 10:36:09 EST 2010

Am Samstag, den 02.01.2010, 10:03 -0500 schrieb ssteinerX at gmail.com:
> On Jan 2, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Terry Jones wrote:
> > In any case, it looks like the problem is not in the setup of the request.
> > Can anyone offer a reason why httplib might be able to fetch the page
> > whereas getPage receives an error?  I'm stumped.
>
> I've had to debug things like this recently and I have two suggestions:
>
> 1> Recreate the headers and make it work with curl.  Curl won't add anything to your headers and such and you'll be sure that you're getting the result you want with completely stripped down case.
>
> 2>	Get Charles http://www.charlesproxy.com/ if you're on OS X.  It rocks.  Otherwise, get one of the Windows tools (sorry, no recos from me on that), and watch exactly what goes by.

Actually, CharlesProxy is a Java tool, AFAIK. And personally I'm really
not that sure that it rocks, but personal opinions do vary :)

As a free alternative, webscarab can handle the man-in-the-middle
interception too.

Consider also using FoxyProxy (a FF addon), to direct only the URLs you
are interested into a the logging proxy.

Andreas