[Twisted-Python] Another newbie question... out of file descriptors?

K. Richard Pixley rich at noir.com
Fri Feb 26 01:26:27 EST 2010

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2010, at 10:00 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>> On 03:55 am, rich at noir.com wrote:
>>> Can anyone explain this result to me?
>>> It looks to me as though the SelectReactor is leaking file descriptors.
>>> Granted, it's a pathological case, but it's not uncommon if you're
>>> running a bunch of tests.
>> See ticket #3063.
>> Jean-Paul
> For your clicking (and google's indexing) enjoyment, that's <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3063>.

Is it a reasonable workaround, or are there any nonobvious downsides to
using reactor.waker.connectionLost(None)  either...

a) immediately after instantiating my reactor, (assuming I don't need a
waker), or...
b) immediately before or after calling reactor.stop

I guess I'm asking why that hasn't been included in reactor.stop already.