[Twisted-Python] [ANNOUNCE] Twisted 10.0.0pre1 is now released

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Feb 24 11:20:19 EST 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:02 PM, Tim Allen wrote:

> On 02/24/2010 02:56 PM, James Y Knight wrote:

>>> It seems a pity that the "other fixes" bug numbers aren't URLs to the
>>> bugs in question, but I suppose that would make them take up an awful
>>> lot of room in plain-text.
>>
>> Yeah: an auto-HTMLized version to put on the website would be nice,
>> even if the only change was to add links for the ticket numbers.
>
> If the text version were Trac-markup, presumably it would be possible to
> automate creating a /trac/Releases/x.y.z/ReleaseNotes wiki page, and all
> the bug numbers would become links as per the usual Trac magic.

Much as I don't like ReST, it's a heck of a lot better than trac markup.  You can't really manipulate trac markup with anything but trac, but ReST gives you all of docutils.

If we used ReST, we could integrate it with the rest of the documentation once lore's gone, and we can use the {{{<<<###$$$<html> syntax that Trac has (I was offline while writing this email, sorry that's not exact) to get it into the wiki.