[Twisted-Python] Sending jpeg data over TCP/IP

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Sat Feb 13 18:40:48 EST 2010

Hello,
I have the same kind of task to do, and for now, I am thinking about
using some kind of file sharing utility, such as Samba, to do so. It's
probably a lot more efficient, since they are used to sharing files !
I would just send the file name, not the data itself.

This said, sending them using a programmer's solution - not a sysadmin
solution - would be closer to my own skills, so I am interested in
knowing if this could be suitable. I think, though, that it would be
faster to use a transfert protocol that would be implemented in C, not
Python. Am I wrong?

2010/2/13 gary clark <burslem2001 at yahoo.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I want to send raw binary data but also text in the message. I am currently sending ascii data to the twisted server via open-ssl.
> Its great and twisted is cool. However I want to send a name of document and then the raw data in the same message? Is this possible with twisted.
> Essentially I want to store the file in a location based upon its name.
> Is this even practical to do this? Not sure.
>
> Say for instance
>
> <FILENAME>gazza.doc</FILENAME>
> <RAWDATA>0101110100101010010010110010101010101101010</RAWDATA>
>
> I dont know if the SAX parser which I am using could parse this data?
>
> Thanks,
> Garyc

Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net/