[Twisted-Python] newbie confusion - puzzling reactor response

K. Richard Pixley rich at noir.com
Tue Feb 9 20:47:25 EST 2010

I'm confused be the response I get to the attached program.

In a nutshell, I'm building a reader, attaching it with addReader, later
removing it with removeReader.  And I'm getting this:

    time python test_reactor.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    Failure: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionFdescWentAway: Uh:
    Filedescriptor went away.

Which seems to be telling me that I don't know as much yet as I'd hoped.

Why would the reactor care about a closed file descriptor that isn't
even in it's interest set?

--rich