[Twisted-Python] Light-est-weight http authentication

Brad Milne brad.milne at devx.runthered.com
Mon Feb 8 15:19:04 EST 2010

Just in terms of configuration. It seems that Guard, for example, is
designed to cache the credentials and maintain a session. My requirement is
just for a single request, so session maintenance seems like overhead.

Also in upskill time. The Twisted NPE book, for example, says "It might take
you a little while to understand all the classes and interfaces in
twisted.cred, and at first you might wonder why it's necessary to have a
system with so many moving parts. The answer is that this system is designed
to be extremely flexible." (pg 92)
That sounds like a great toolset, but the cost is to those that require the
minimalist solution, but still need to develop an understanding of the
greater picture to achieve that.

Finding Twisted documentation seems to be generally difficult, so if I can
find the 'lightest' (extra code) and 'lightest' (ramp-up time) solution,
that what I was hoping for a pointer towards.

Thanks
Brad

PS - did you mean µs?? Or have you really measured the power consumption in
Watts?