[Twisted-Python] domish.Element.__getattr__() or xpath.XPathQuery

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Mon Feb 8 06:03:59 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 08:26:43AM +0100, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
> Ok, thank you. Just a question, would it be interesting to anyone to
> be able to choose in between the internal XPATH implementation and an
> external lib/implementation for the XMPP stuff? I have often wondered
> if it would not be better to allow the user to choose.

I seem to recall that the last time people discussed reusing a generic XML
library rather than a custom one, it was discovered that XMPP isn't
quite actually XML - it has a bunch of crazy restrictions that basically
mean you need an XMPP-specific library. If there's a third-part XMPP
library that could be plugged in, that would be a very interesting thing
to know.