[Twisted-Python] Job server

Yaroslav Fedevych jaroslaw.fedewicz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 07:33:27 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Umut Aydin <devnetwork at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> My job server is on progress and maybe you want to check it out.
> Distribution part is ready but I still work on remote calls. As soon
> as I get it done I ll write an article about building a job server
> with twisted framework. (I wrote an article about Apache Mina
> framework while designing jobbar
> http://umut.mobi/blog/2010/11/11/how-to-build-a-distributed-job-server-with-apache-mina-framework/)
> I m pretty busy these days it'll take almost a week more. Here is
> website of the project
>
> http://jobbarserver.org/
>
> By the way, my goal with this project is building a distributed job
> server and useful extensions for needs of any kind of projects. Some
> extensions in my mind:
> Memory Cache, Document Storage, Multiple Job Handler for parallel
> processing, Log Manager, Data Traffic  Analyser
>
> If you have any idea please share with me.

Before proceeding with any extensions, would be extremely nice to have:

a README with a description of what it is and what do I gain from
using it right now.
an INSTALL with a description of how to make it available systemwide,
how to ship it with my project or what might break if I install it.
a USAGE with a simple boilerplate with its bits explained: what do I
need this code for? What bad happens if I take this bit out? What
stuff can I customize and with what degree of freedom?
*.pyc in your .gitignore
docstrings for classes

Someone with more profound knowledge would surely tell you about unit tests.

And my question is, how do I migrate a job to another server? I always
thought that this is what "distributedness" is about...

--
Engineer : How do I do it?
Economist : How much will it cost?