[Twisted-Python] multicast

Pandelis Theodosiou ypercube at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:07:28 MST 2010

I'm trying to make a Multicast client.

I've tried the simple script found in:
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/10.1.0/core/howto/udp.html#auto3

While it shows no errors, it doesn't receive any data. How can I check what
the problem is?
It runs on a Debian 64-bit machine where I've installed Python2.6 and
Twisted 10.0.2.0

Could it be some firewall setting?
Is it possible I've somehow screwed with the installation procedure?

Pandelis

from twisted.internet.protocol import DatagramProtocol
from twisted.internet import reactor
from twisted.application.internet import MulticastServer

class MulticastClientUDP(DatagramProtocol):

    def datagramReceived(self, datagram, address):
            print "Received:" + repr(datagram)

# Send multicast on 224.0.0.1:8005, on our dynamically allocated port
reactor.listenUDP(0, MulticastClientUDP()).write('UniqueID',
                                                 ('233.75.215.44', 60044))
reactor.run()

 <http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=233.75.215.44>