[Twisted-Python] easy_install and twisted problems?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 14 09:44:12 EST 2010

On 02:06 pm, drken567 at gmail.com wrote:
>I'm trying to use easy_install to load twisted, but I keep getting the
>following error about not being able to find "vcvarsall.bat". As you
>can
>see, I have the .bat and it's in the PATH. I have Visual Studio C++
>Express
>installed, and googled a bunch of references to similar easy_install
>problems; several suggested installing MingW32's compiler. I tried
>that,
>which got rid of the vcvarsall message, but came up with a stack of
>fatal
>compile errors.
>
>Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong with the installation
>most
>welcome.
>Thanks,
>Ken
>C:\Python26\Lib\distutils>vcvarsall.bat
>Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 tools.

As I understand it, Python 2.6 requires Visual Studio 2008.

However, I recommend using one of the installers available for download
from the website:

http://tmrc.mit.edu/mirror/twisted/Twisted/10.2/Twisted-10.2.0.winxp32-py2.6.msi

http://tmrc.mit.edu/mirror/twisted/Twisted/10.2/Twisted-10.2.0.winxp32-py2.6.exe

Jean-Paul