[Twisted-Python] `easy_install Twisted` fails on Python for Windows 2.7 AMD64

Benjamin A. Shelton zancarius at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 20:26:13 EST 2010

On 12/12/2010 5:37 PM, Santoso Wijaya wrote:
> Is there something crucial that I am missing?

I don't typically develop on Windows with Python. I assume that this is
the 64 bit version of setuptools as well and not an x86 version
shoehorned into an existing Python install? I only ask the latter,
because it is supposedly possible with some registry trickery to install
the 32 bit version (I've never tried) which may exhibit weirdness.

There's an unofficial/unsupported build of setuptools for amd64 here
that may work (it worked in my case):
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
<http://www.lfd.uci.edu/%7Egohlke/pythonlibs/>

Be sure to read the warnings on that page as they do appear to be based
off exceedingly new code taken directly from each project's repository,
so there may be bugs--but it did work for me since I couldn't get the
PyPI distro to install. :)

Hope this helps!

--
Benjamin