[Twisted-Python] How to package a program that I'm running as twistd dmucs.py

Victor Norman vic.norman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:51:05 EDT 2010

I am nearing the end of developing my application and am thinking about how
to package it up.  I have been testing it by running it this way:

twistd -ny dmucs.py

I was hoping I could just rename my dmucs.py to dmucsd   and then put this
in the first line of the file:

#!/bin/env twistd -ny

(or whatever other args instead of -ny)

But, this isn't working for me.

Can someone recommend the correct way to package up my application so that
it can be run by typing

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left
to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” -- Antoine de Saint