[Twisted-Python] git clone with spawnProcess() can prevent socket data flow, any clue why?

Petr Mifek pm-twisted-python at anapol.cz
Sat Aug 28 11:02:20 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

I tried your code just for the curiosity and it seems to work here. Are
you sure it doesn't work? Cloning the Gimp repository takes ages here
(half an hour - well, for a ~200MB compressed repository it isn't that
bad given my connection speed now), but it eventually finishes. The
error output handling behaves somewhat weird, but definitely Twisted
doesn't seem to "block" git from doing it's job, at least not here.

See the output of your script here: http://paste.org/21833

Tested on Python 2.6.1/Twisted 8.2.0/OSX 10.6.

Cheers,
Petr