[Twisted-Python] git clone with spawnProcess() can prevent socket data flow, any clue why?

Martin Nordholts enselic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 10:06:48 EDT 2010

On 08/28/2010 03:32 PM, Itamar Turner-Trauring wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 11:31 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>
>> I'll see if I can pinpoint the bug...
>
> If you can reproduce this with a Python program you launch, rather than
> git, that would be ideal.
>
> I assume you've tested this by running git without twisted, on the
> command-line, just to make sure the problem doesn't occur there?

Yes, I can clone fine if I don't use Twisted, and I think it worked fine
to clone with Twisted when I ran git-daemon myself. It when cloning from
a local repo copy with file:// in Twisted instead of from
git://git.gnome.org.

Just out of curiosity, can you reproduce the problem on your machine?
Does my test-program ever return for you?

  / Martin