[Twisted-Python] Twisted with wxPython in a thread

Jason Rennie jrennie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:00:58 EDT 2010

I have experience getting cherrypy (web server) and Twisted to play together
nicely...  As you know, reactor.callFromThread is necessary for waking-up
twisted from a non-twisted thread.  Getting both cherrypy and the reactor
running required that I start cherrypy with a callback to run the reactor.
 I also needed to turn off twisted's signal handling and install my own
signal handling to ensure proper shut down.

Are you sure that wx.CallAfter is the right thing for wx calls from Twisted?
 Since Twisted is an event loop, it may not release control in the same
fashion as other wx calls.

Jason

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Gabriel Rossetti <
gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can't find any examples of using Twisted with wxPython, were wx is in
> a seperate thread. I used to have one somewhere but can' t find it
> either. I'm looking because for some reason my code doesn't work (the
> GUI freezes), even though I use reactor.callFromThread() for Twisted
> calls from wx and wx.CallAfter() for wx calls from Twisted. Can anyone
> point me to an example?
>
> Thank you,
> Gabriel

Jason Rennie